Pineapples are on the prime of our listing this spring! Don’t be intimidated to slice the pineapple lengthwise for serving, however watch out. Our recipe creator Lauren of “Making Life Candy” stated it was simpler than she anticipated – and it’s simply oh-so-beautiful. Put together your self for an oasis of taste. A pineapple full of rooster, daring taste, greens, and coconut rice can’t be outdone!
382 energy per serving | 21g protein | 20g fats | 33g carb
Hen Teriyaki Pineapple Bowls with Coconut Rice
2 rooster breasts
¾ cup teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
1 pineapple, halved
1 tablespoon coconut oil
½ crimson bell pepper, chopped
½ orange bell pepper, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
½ onion, diced
½ cup broccoli, chopped
For the coconut rice:
1 ½ cups raw jasmine rice
1 ¼ cups water
1 can (14 ounce) coconut milk
1 teaspoon sugar
- Place rooster, ½ cup of teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and coconut oil in a resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat.
- Place bag into the fridge for twenty-four hours earlier than grilling.
- Prep pineapple bowls earlier than you start cooking by setting the pineapple on its aspect and punctiliously slice it in half lengthwise. Take away fruit with a pairing knife and grapefruit spoon, then put aside. Reserve ½ cup of pineapple chunks and place the remaining in a storage container within the fridge.
- For the rice: In a saucepan, mix coconut milk, water and sugar. Stir till sugar is dissolved, then stir in rice. Convey to a boil over medium warmth, cowl, scale back warmth, and simmer about 20 minutes till rice is tender.
- Whereas rice is cooking, warmth coconut oil in a big saucepan over medium warmth.
- Add bell peppers, onion, broccoli and reserved pineapple chunks and stir-fry till barely softened, about 5 to seven minutes.
- Preheat grill to excessive warmth and frivolously oil grill grate.
- Take away rooster from bag and grill either side for six minutes till juices run clear when pierced.
- Let rooster cool on a reducing board and lower into one-inch cubes.
- Place rooster, rice, stir-fried fruit, and greens and remaining ¼ cup teriyaki sauce in a big mixing bowl and stir till mixed.
- To serve in pineapple bowls, fill every half with equal quantities of the rooster and rice combination. Eat out of the bowls or scoop onto plates.