In March, 2014, Omron introduced that it’s changing the Omron HJ-112 mannequin with the tri-axis Omron Alvita Final HJ-329.
Professional Evaluate of the Omron HJ-112 Pedometer
The Omron HJ-112 was rated excessive for accuracy by a shopper testing group. Its design permits it to be worn in your waistband or to be carried in a pocket or purse.
Along with steps, miles, and energy, it tracks cardio steps and cardio minutes per day. This enables walkers to trace way of life steps and devoted strolling or working steps. It has a 7-day reminiscence for simpler monitoring. The mechanism is correct and silent.
- Health pedometer tracks whole each day steps and cardio steps
- Distance estimate based mostly on step rely and the stride size you enter at setup.
- Calorie rely estimate based mostly in your weight, step rely, and stride size
- Train timer
- Designed to be worn with a clip in your waist or carried in a pocket or purse
- Silent design, it doesn’t make any clicking noise
- Comes with safety leash so that you received’t simply lose it off your waistband.
- Makes use of a replaceable CR2032 battery, with a 6-month common lifespan earlier than changing it.
- Examined as extremely correct in a examine
- Has a 7-day reminiscence for reviewing your information, resets itself at midnight.
- Counts steps and cardio steps so you may observe each total exercise and train exercise.
- Bigger than some pedometers
This pedometer has nice options for walkers and runners who wish to observe devoted strolling or working time per day in addition to monitoring their whole each day steps. The cardio steps operate tracks your steps if you stroll or run greater than 60 steps per minute or proceed for 10 minutes or extra. It data this as cardio time and continues as long as you don’t pause for greater than a minute.
Nevertheless, you may’t cease it or begin it your self, so you may’t isolate one exercise inside a day. In case you take three 15-minute walks, you get 45 minutes of credit score relatively than three separate walks.
The common step counter counts all steps. Different features embody energy, distance, and a 7-day reminiscence. Having the 7-day reminiscence is important for individuals who wish to observe their steps however could not have the ability to log every day.
The Omron HJ-112 was one of many first correct pocket pedometers with a design that permits you to both put on it in your belt or waistband or to hold it in a pocket or purse or pack. The unit should stay perpendicular to the bottom, however it’s forgiving sufficient to be tilted or slanted, as long as it’s not mendacity on its face or on its again relative to the bottom. This can be a huge plus to those that have problem sporting on the waistband – sporting it in your sock or your bra is a chance. Omron additionally debuted the Omron HJ-321 in 2012 which is correct in any respect angles, because it has a tri-axis accelerometer.
In exams, the Omron HJ-112 was top-rated for accuracy in treadmill strolling and working.
I just like the silent functioning of this pedometer — no rattle or clicking if you put on it. It comes with a leash to make sure you don’t lose it, along with the clip which I discovered very safe, it didn’t pop off my waistband as soon as all day.
The pedometer makes use of a replaceable CR2032 battery, with a lifespan of 6 months in case you stroll 10,000 steps per day.
Different Omron Pedometer Fashions to Think about
As a result of the Omron HJ-112 is being discontinued, it’s possible you’ll desire these Omron fashions:
- Omron Alvita Final HJ-329 Pedometer
- Omron HJ-321 Tri-Axis Pedometer